Identity document decoder
Having a person’s identity can automatically determine whether he or she has the right to access a place or whether the minimum age requirement is valid. It can also help to pre-fill a form (e.g. a survey) on a tablet or smartphone.
We handle documents that follow the standards of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO 9303). This means a large number of passports and identity cards around the world. For some other types of documents (e.g. the Swiss driving licence), we have developed specific solutions. If you are interested in other identity documents that are not yet available in the application, please contact us. In addition, we are now able to read NFC passports on iOS and Android (trial version available on request).
- Obtain all the information provided by the identity document (nationality, surname, first name, date of birth, gender, identification number and expiry date of the document)
- Compatible with ICAO 9303 passports (NFC reading possible)
- Developed in native C++ for robust, fast and thread-safe integration
- Carefully tested and profiled to ensure low memory pressure and best performance
- Works on all major mobile platforms
Areas of application
- Automatic form filling
- Age and access control
Online support and documentation
You can access our online documentation via the following link: smartscan-docs.icare.ch
Try our demo application
The “Vision Explorer” application presents the power of computer vision algorithms developed by the Icare Research Institute.