License plate decoder
The plate number identifies a car in a unique way. Parking can be easily managed with a defined list of permitted and prohibited cars. This can facilitate access to an event or permission to park in an area. It can also help to pre-fill a form in the field, such as an accident report.
- Our license plate decoder is currently capable of scanning plates from 26 European countries.
- For most countries, we support the common EU number plate format as defined by Council Regulation (EC) No 2411/98 of 03.11.1998.
- For Switzerland and Liechtenstein, we support the standard rectangular and square format.
- If you are interested in other countries that are not yet included in the application, please contact us. We can extend the range of our supported number plates
- Get the canton and plate number
- Developed in native C++ for robust, fast and thread-safe integration.
- Carefully tested and profiled to ensure low memory pressure and best performance
- Works on all major mobile platforms
Areas of application
- Parking management
- Police application
Online support and documentation
You can access our online documentation via the following link: smartscan-docs.icare.ch
Try our demo application
The “Vision Explorer” application presents the power of computer vision algorithms developed by the Icare Research Institute.